The Payroll Process
The computer in charge of payroll needs to calculate:
Output: The computer would need to:
- the gross amount earned by each employee
- any bonuses
- any deductions such as tax, national insurance
- the net amount earned by each employee.
- print pay-slips with amounts and deductions (using pre-printed stationery)
- update the employee database
- output details of payments to BACS (Bankers Automated Clearing Service) to pay money directly into employees' bank accounts.
- print summary reports.