Let's look at a typical example involving percentages and see if you can do it. Grab a pencil, paper and maybe a calculator.
In a maths class of 30 pupils, 40% are girls. 1 out of 3 pupils also studies physics. Half the boys have a mobile phone, whilst 6 girls have them. Three of the girls have a boyfriend at the moment.
- What percentage of the class are boys?
- How many boys are there in the class?
- What number of pupils also study physics?
- What percentage of the class have a mobile phone?
- What percentage of girls don't have a boyfriend?
Take it step by step! Click below to see if you're right.