GCSE Physics


Diffraction is often confused with refraction because the words sound and are spelled in a similar way, but don't let that put you off!

When a set of waves meet a gap or an object, they tend to spread out on the other side - this is called diffraction.

Learning hint: diffraction begins "diff" and diffraction involves waves spreading out, almost diffusing, you might say!

GCSE PhysicsWaves Menu GCSE PhysicsGo to next page