Network Pros & Cons
There are many advantages in having a network:
- Peripherals and software can be shared between many users.
"Terminals" are even cheaper than normal PCs.
- Communication across the network is cheap and fast.
- Software can be updated on terminals directly from the server.
However, there are some important disadvantages:
- Cabling can be expensive or difficult to install and maintain.
- Server faults can prevent some networks from working.
- Tighter security is needed to restrict access to a network.
- Viruses can spread rapidly over networks.